You may be eligible for home health care services under these situations:
- A homebound criterion is usually required.
- The patient is under the care of a physician who manages and authorizes the need for services.
- The patient requires the skilled services of a registered nurse, physical therapist and/or speech therapist.
To qualify for Medicare home health services, there are five basic requirements:
- Your physician must determine that you need home health careservices.
- Your own physician must write the orders for home health services, and oversee your care.
- You must need skilled services that are provided by a nurse or therapist.
- Your physician must determine that you are homebound, requiring considerable effort and help to leave home.
- The services you need are only required on a part-time, or intermittent, basis.
If you are Medicare eligible and qualified for care, there is no out of pocket cost to you. Home care can also be paid for by many private insurances or a variety of public programs.
These services can be paid for directly by insurance, community entitlement programs or by the patient and his or her family. Insurance companies have varying eligibility and payment policies. We are always willing to help you explore payment options.
Because benefits and requirements can vary, we can help you check with payors about your specific benefits, even before beginning services, so you can have this information at the start of care.
- Medicare pays 100% of the cost for home health care for individuals 65 years of age or over or permanently disabled.
- Private insurance will pay for home health care. Benefits vary per policy and verification of benefits is required.
- Medicaid pays 100%. Pre-authorization is required.
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Private Pay
It is the policy of A Friendly Home Health Care to treat all individuals in need of care without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, physical handicap, or national origin.
A Friendly Home Health Care offers the finest professional care and services on an individual basis, providing care for patients going home from the hospital or recovering from an extended illness. We accept referrals from physicians, family, friends, hospitals, or from you personally.